Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Growing Your Faith

"But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:16-17). For a number of months I have been struggling with the subject of faith. I have strongly sensed the Lord saying "trust Me, believe in Me, I am in control. As I prayed about my struggle the Lord brought to mind a very familiar verse (Romans 10:17). However, as He is so gracious to do, He is teaching me a deeper understanding of the principles taught in this verse. The verse says we build our faith by reading and living the Word of God. As we "renew our mind we will be transformed." I am now beginning to see in a new, fresh way that as I saturate my mind and heart with the Word of God, it washes away the lies of the enemy. "You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." God's Word is absolute truth. Spiritual warfare is a very real part of our Christian lives. Just because we try to ignore the enemy, doesn't mean he will ignore us. He really isn't a gentleman, and you can't bargain with him. Thus we must choose to see the battle as God sees it. He says "Our adversary the devil walks around like a roaring lion seeking who he can devour." We need to put on the whole Armour of God. It starts with the "Belt of truth." This is the Word of God. Here are some statement of truth to meditate on. Each statement come from the Scriptures. Apart from Jesus, I can do nothing; but in Jesus I can do all things. I choose to see myself as He sees me according to His living Word. My life is hid with Christ in God. I l choose to believe the same things that God believes and He has revealed Truth in His Word. How can two walk together if they don't agree? I choose to trust God. His Word will be the final authority in my life. I base my entire life upon God and His living Word. Because I meditate upon His Word day and night and carefully do all that is written in it, I will prosper as He chooses to prosper me. I'm a child of the living God. I'm an heir of God and a joint-heir with Jesus Christ. I'm not just a sinner; I'm a new creation in Jesus. I'm part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation. I'm one of God's chosen people. Jesus has declared me not guilty. I refuse to be discouraged. God is the God of all encouragement. There is no condemnation for me because I'm in Christ Jesus. Satan is the father of lies. I won't listen to his accusations. I am cleansed by Jesus' blood. No weapon formed against me will succeed. I will disprove every tongue that rises against me in judgment. My mind is being renewed by the word of God. I will pull down strongholds and cast down imaginations. I will bring every thought captive to the will of Christ. I am accepted by God. If God is for me, who can be against me? Greater is He that is within me than he that is in the world. Nothing can separate me from the love of Christ. As the Father loves Jesus, so Jesus loves me. I have the righteousness of God through Christ. I am not a slave of sin, I'm a slave of God and a slave of righteousness. I will continue in God's word. I know the truth and the truth has set me free. I am free indeed because Jesus has set me free. I have been delivered out of the kingdom of darkness. I'm now part of the kingdom of God. I will submit to God. When I resist the devil, he has to flee. No temptation will overcome me which is not common to man. God is faithful. He will not let me be tempted beyond my strength. With any temptation He will also provide me with a way of escape, so that I can endure. Jesus always causes me to triumph. I'll reign as a king in life through Christ Jesus. The Word of God lives in me. I am more than a conqueror through Christ who loves me. I am an over-comer. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. God gives me the victory through Jesus Christ my Lord. I am a success to the glory of God. All His blessings will come upon me and overtake me because I obey the voice of the Lord, my God. I am confident that those who seek the Lord will lack no good thing. I will not live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God. The Word of God is a truth builder. The more I interact with the Scriptures the stronger my faith will grow. My faith is no better than the object of my faith. And my faith is growing in the Promises of God which never fail. Dr. Ken Copley is available for counseling, conferences, and local church meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment