Thursday, January 15, 2009

Spiritual Warfare and the final battle

Prayer: "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints. O Lord, truly I am your servant; I am Your servant, the son of Your maidservant; You have freed me from my chains" (Psalm 116:15-16). Dear Lord as your servant I look forward to the day I see you face to face. One day I will no longer be held by the chains of human frailty. Please help me, while I am still on this earth, to be free from the strongholds that threaten my Christian life and testimony. I ask you to keep me from harm and from the evil one; that I might be a blessing to you and to those around me. In Jesus' name, Amen. "I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war" (Rev 19:11-12). When I was a boy, I would forward to Saturday mornings. That is when I would watch the good old western T.V. programs. The Lone Ranger would always get his man. There was a sharp distinction between good and evil. The good guys were dressed in white, the bad guys dressed in black. Roy Rogers could count on Trigger to run fast enough to catch any bad guy in the country. Facing the Saturday morning line up of heroes no bad guy ever won. When the main characters did get into trouble, I could count on the cavalry to show up in the nick of time. They rode in blowing bugles and they always saved the day. Daily I see a battle being waged between Satan and God's Kingdom. The really good news is the final battle is coming. The Lord Jesus and His army will invade the enemies of His kingdom and it will be a great climax to thousands of years of warfare. "He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron scepter. He treads the wine press of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS" (Rev 19:12-16). The Scriptures tell us that life on earth is but a "Vapor, which quickly passes away." For a visual, light a match, blow it out, and watch the vapor disappear. One hundred years from now means all new people. Whatever hardships you've faced on earth will pale in comparison to the glory that is to be revealed when the marriage of the Bride of Christ takes place on that final day. In these difficult times be faithful. Stand firm. And see the glory of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment