Saturday, January 17, 2009

Where Is God In Times Like These?

We certainly live in times of uncertainty, political and economic Crisis are standard fare. The darkness deepens, as the world turns a blind eye and a deaf ear toward evil. The Scriptures are quite explicit concerning the end time. "Men will wax worse and worse." Rather than park on the negative, let's consult the Lord and get His view of difficult times. He says, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”- Isaiah 41:10. Look at this scene. The Prophet Jeremiah was in a pit, his fellow country men hated him, they are the ones who threw him in. The city of Jerusalem was about to be captured and her people would go into exile. The Lord spoke to Jeremiah and told him to purchase a portion of land as the Lord would have a purpose for it in the future. Jeremiah couldn't believe his ears. Everything he was experiencing screamed hopeless. Then the Lord said "Is there anything too hard for Me?" That is the question was must ask, is there anything to hard for the Lord? Are His promises relevant for me. Is His Word true for me. Can I trust Him today in the midst of all my trials? What if He let's me down? The hymn writer of old asked this question "Where can I go but to the Lord?" We have many voices calling to us today. False prophets seem to be everywhere. Political Messiahs are on the rise. The scientific community is trying to forecast a better tomorrow. But what about the condition of a man's soul? Are we as a nation, running to the Lord? Where do we go in times of crisis? Some one wisely asked the question "Why do men run to the Devil as though he were God and run away from God as though He were the Devil? Hard times, they are a coming, for many they are here. But what about God. He is here to, and He is a whole lot bigger than our hard times. What do we do in times like these. We run to the God who is our Strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment